Rusty and I went skiing (at our land) last Friday, and today. (and we brought Zeb, too.)
I am still a beginner at skiing (a NEW beginner!) and this was the first time I actually didn't fall. I really can't contribute that fact to my skiing skills, but to the fact that it had snowed about an inch the night before, and it was lightly snowing (and blowing) when we were skiing (see that I am all bundled up!)
So I wasn't skiing on "ice" or frozen slick snow! Zeb always loves having a big, big "playground" to run around and find "things" (usually horse pooh or some other gross thing).
I looks like I am posing for my picture, but I'm really trying to figure out if I can make it up the hill slight incline without falling backwards.
Today (Friday, March 4th) Rusty and I (and Zeb) went skiing again. But in the past week, it has rained, melted and the sun has come out. So the snow was crunchy & "crusty" and the snow kept "grabbing" my skies. I didn't take the camera today, so no pictures. And it was probably a good thing, because I fell down--just once, but I caught myself many, many times.
By the time we got back to the truck, I had shed my coat & sweat was rolling down my back. It really wasn't hot outside, I just had a good workout in the softer snow!
I hope to go out again tomorrow--before we know it, there won't be enough snow for skiing!
2 comments:
I have always wanted to try skiing. but the falling down thing keeps me from trying.
Zeb finding "things"--like horse pooh! LOL! LOL! LOL!
Post a Comment