Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween Parties at School

Growing up, my mom would make oatmeal cookies at Halloween & decorate them with M&M's.  (It was one of the few times we actually had M&M's!)
 I haven't made these in a long time, so I decided to make them for the treats at Emmalee's & Callum's school parties.
 Emmalee as a purple fairy.
 They were playing "Guess who is the Ghost".
 Emmalee getting ready for treats--and Benjamin (as Barney the dinosaur) in the background.

 Emmalee's kindergarten class.  Her teacher (the "good" witch) is Kristie Nelson, a first-year teacher that is in our ward.  She is our Wolf Leader in scouts & her husband is the Bear Leader.
 Licking all the chocolate frosting off her face.
 (Okay--she didn't get all of the chocolate off her face.)  They were singing a cute song with actions that they had practiced all week.  I didn't have to help at Emmalee's party, so I was able to take a lot of pictures.
 I was the only mom/parent at Callum's 4th grade party, and they got out of their assembly late so we had to be quick with our party.
So I didn't get any pictures of them playing "Pumpkin Toss" (tossing candy-corn pumpkins into a cup, then stepping back a step & tossing again, etc.) or eating their treats.  They actually decorated their own oatmeal cookies & then ate them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sis, did I read that correctly??? you did NOT have to help at emmalee's party?????? WOW!!! lol- thanks for posting the pictures. since I can't be there its the next best thing! loveya