Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween Costumes


Aunt Pamela bought a bunch of fun costumes this year, so we had tons of costumes to choose from this year.

We have 2 totes of dress-up/costumes that we store in a shed.  

so Brienna decided to be Cleopatra.  And it was a great costume!  She looks very cute :D
Wouldn't she make a great ruler?

 I love the different poses--with great authority!


 Rusty--trying on the clown costume.
 I'll bet he clowns around at school ;)
He did say that next year he won't wear a wig, because he didn't enjoy having a tight-fitting wig squeezing his head.
 Emmalee had a blast trying on all of the different hats & costumes.
 I love her many, many faces!
 another wig--this one was my favorite!  but after everyone tried this on, it didn't quite fit right.

 some of the black wig--used as a mustache.
 nice!
Emmalee was a purple fairy--but when a teacher said she loved the purple fairy, Emmalee replied, "I'm not Purple Fairy...I'm Emmalee!"
 And Callum has bit of attitude in his awesome costume.  He wanted to be a sailor, but we couldn't find the sailor hat.  Then he couldn't decide what he wanted to be so he was a bunch of "crazy" things.  He wore a pumpkin shirt, baseball pants, firefighter hat & coat, a hook, a clown's tie, Superman's cape & the cool sunglasses.
 Now Zane's costume is another story.  He wanted to be Willy Wonka.  But he changes his mind sometimes.  So I told him if bought the hat & glasses, then he couldn't change his mind.  And I also bought the material for his jacket.  
 (The glasses are just like the ones Rusty wore).  The only night I had a chance to sew the jacket was Wednesday night after Cub Scout Pack Meeting.  So at 8:30 pm I found an old shirt, cut it for a pattern & started sewing it.  I finally finished about 11:30.  And I warned Zane if he didn't like it, he wasn't wearing anything else!!!!  But he really liked it.  He even made a "W" out of duct tape.  I thought it turned out really cute, even if I have to say so myself.
 Benjamin was an awesome Barney, the dinosaur.
 I got him to wear the head-hat, but after I got 2 pictures, it never went on again!

And Callum is giving me a thumbs-up--ready to go to his Halloween party.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Costume boxes are so much fun- looks like you got maximum joy out of them!

Anonymous said...

sweet sister! cool costumes!!! love it!!! and loveya

jannalee said...

Awesome costumes! Rusty looked great in the clown costume! I love all the poses/faces/attitudes in the pictures!