Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Will it ever slow down???

Yikes--where has the summer gone?

I am soooo far behind--in EVERYTHING!!! My housework, laundry, dishes, cooking, scrapbooking, calling for appointments, exercising, cleaning, spending time with my children & husband, cleaning, and did I mention cleaning?????

We have had to run to town too many times the past week. We got back from our fun-filled camping trip last Wednesday evening, had 4-H judging Thursday morning, town Thursday afternoon/evening, town (therapies/school shopping for Ethan) on Friday, attending County Fair Saturday AM, Anniversary dad Saturday PM,

SUNDAY--My day of REST!!!! That is after a busy time at church teaching the children songs, & attending scouting meeting. But I actually got a very nice, refreshing nap in!!! (Thanks to my kids--that was my request for our anniversary present).

Monday was another day in town--a trip to the chiropractor for me (just follow-up on my neck), shots for Callum, and more clothes shopping for Callum & Brienna. Tuesday I was actually home, so we decided it was time to unpack our camping gear/left-over food. In the middle of the mess, my wonderful visiting teachers dropped by for a visit. I am grateful that they come to visit me, & not my lovely, "messy" home!!!

And today was another day to town--Brienna & Zane had dentist appointments. Callum was more than thrilled that he got to stay home for once (no therapies or shots!!!!)

But our van has been overheating when we have to stop, or travel slowly in town. And today we had 3 or 4 road construction stops. So we had to turn the engine off, or even worse, blow the hot air through the heater. And the ride home was quite hot anyways, because our air conditioning went out-the-window last Friday in town.

We hope to get the van into the mechanic this Friday--so yep, that's another trip to town!!

Tomorrow is the 1st day of school for the kids--I think it's a bit crazy to just have 1 day of school this week, but at least they will be excited & easy to get out of bed in the morning.

I hope to get some more house work done, call & set up appointments for Brienna's back brace check-up & van fixing, finish putting camping stuff away, and do a bit more cleaning. Then it will be a quick trip to town after school (4 pm) to get Callum's shot--we are going to take the pick-up & leave Ben home with Brienna. And I say quick trip, because it is back-to-school night at 6:30 pm.

I am looking forward to a local overnight scrapbooking weekend Friday/Saturday. I don't stay there the whole time, but usually get a ton done. I haven't even started a scrapbook for Benjamin yet, so that is one of my goals this weekend.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg of what will be happening the next week or so--

And so I ask again:

Will it ever slow down????

2 comments:

jannalee said...

Wow! You are busy, busy, busy!!! I get exhausted just reading about your week! I don't know how you do it, but I admire you a lot for everything you do for your family!

Small House said...

BUSY-BUSY-BUSY!! It's been the summer of go-go-go!
Hope you can enjoy a minute here and there.
Sandra