Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Emotional Few Weeks, Part 3


We are coping with all of the emotions & changes in our lives one day (hour, minute) at a time.

Meantime, we had a camping trip to Montana planned for over a year, so we have been busily trying to get ready to leave this weekend for Montana.

So right now my living room is stacked full of camping gear, totes of food, & suitcases. :)


The other emotional part of our lives is our 6th grader started football last Monday. Our school didn't have enough for a team, so the kids are getting bused 45 miles to another school to play with another small school.

So this week (& next week for the days we will be home), practice has been from 6 am to 8 am. That means the bus leaves the school at 5 am--that's right, 5 am!!! So I have been getting up with Zane at 4:30, helping him get ready & to the bus.

He has been tired at night, but also cranky during the day, & not as willing to help out.

That also means that I have been tired at night, and cranky during the day, & not as willing to help out :)

Thankfully, practice will be at 6 PM once school begins.

He is a bit sad, though, because he will miss some practices while we are camping.

So I am off to bed, then a busy day in town, & then CAMPING!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time camping. We are thinking of taking up camping. We started hiking recently on weekends. The Mountains are so beautiful. Never thought I would want to camp again after girls camp.

Will keep my promise and pray for your family.

Jen said...

Oh good heavens! Your family has been through alot, just this summer. I hope everything works out for the best and that your family will be well. Hang in there friend!