Monday, August 24, 2009

1st DAYS of SCHOOL

Emmalee's first day of pre-school was Monday, Aug. 24th. She was disappointed that she didn't get to go on Thursday with her siblings.
Walking to school
She was sooooooooooooo excited!

In front of her classroom. Pre-school is in the Jr/Sr. High School. The aides are students.

"Mom--what are you still doing here?????" (I HAVE to remember to change the date on my camera when I change my batteries!!!!) This is actually the 24th.

I love her poses--She is photogenic!!! (I found the cutest small purple backpack for her--at DI! It still had the new tags on it)

Kissing me good-bye (She wanted to walk to school by herself--we only live 1 small block from the school)


This is my favorite picture!

This is Callum on Thursday, the 20th of August. He is now a 3rd grader. He was glad to have a bottom locker :)

This was the first year (since he started developmental pre-school in 2003) that I haven't had to stay with him in the classroom. Even last year I had to stay for about 2 hours the first day, then about 45 minutes each day for the first 2 weeks. For the first 2 months, I had to walk him to school & stay for the first few minutes.
But not this year--I actually walked to the Jr. High first to take pictures of the older 2, then walked to the elementary (1 block away) to take his picture. He was just fine and so I was able to go home.

(But then I had to walk back because I had forgotten to give him his morning allergy medicines).
Zane's first day in the Middle School. He is in 6th grade & has 4 different teachers. He is sooo excited & loves Jr. High! (He is playing the trumpet in band)
Sometimes he seems to be maturing some, and other times I am pulling out my hair!!! (or climbing walls). I think with all the activities he is involved in, he will become more responsible & mature!

My beautiful daughter is in 8th grade--she is so pretty!

Excited to start school--and to see her friends!!!
And I didn't get a picture of Ethan's first day--I tried, but my camera is too slow. So I will have to post some sports pictures later.
Next to come......
Pet pictures & hopefully some camping pictures too!

4 comments:

Handsfullmom said...

So cute! I hope the start of the year is going well for you and that you're finding that some parts of your life are slowing down a bit.

Anonymous said...

Cute photos!

Love DI my self because of all the great things I can find.

Glad your 1st day went will with Callum, I had a few years of having to stay and wait with one of my daughters. Kindergarten I pretty much had to stay the 1st hour for half the year. The teacher finally gave me a the job of changing out the take home books. I love it when they all of the sudden are just fine with going on their own.

Anonymous said...

Cute photos!

Love DI my self because of all the great things I can find.

Glad your 1st day went will with Callum, I had a few years of having to stay and wait with one of my daughters. Kindergarten I pretty much had to stay the 1st hour for half the year. The teacher finally gave me a the job of changing out the take home books. I love it when they all of the sudden are just fine with going on their own.

jannalee said...

My nieces and nephews are so cute! Don't tell Zane I said he's cute--he looks handsome! They all look really happy to go to school! I bet you're happy that they are in school, too!! LOL