Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Zane's Field Trip

I have been soooo busy with end-of-the-year activities, gardening, teething baby, and house work. So I am trying to catch up with my blog, but it will take time!
Last week Zane went on his field trip. The 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders went (about 50 total), and I drove behind the 2 buses with Benjamin & Emmalee.
Everyone loved holding & playing with Benjamin.

Emmalee wanted Zane to keep her safe from all the bugs. She is freaking out whenever she sees any kind of bug!!!


We went to Green Canyon Hot Springs first--and toured their hydroponic greenhouses where they grow the best tomatoes (& cucumbers). Benjamin even smiled for this picture. In this green house, the tomatoes are over 6 feet tall.


The 2nd greenhouse has newer plants, so they were only about 4 feet tall. The kids were allowed to walk down the isles. Emmalee enjoyed walking in the "jungle".




This was Benjamin's 1st time swimming (6 mo. old). He enjoys baths, and after the initial "shock" of the very warm water, he had a great time. Zane was lucky because he had both of his parents there (Rusty teaches 5th grade).


Emmalee was nervous about swimming. She wants to be able to touch at all times. This pool is nice because about 1/3 of the pool is quite shallow. After she figured out she could touch, she had a blast.

Zane after going off the diving board.

We ate lunch at the pool. I bought 20 pounds of tomatoes--they were 99 cents a pound, and we gave about 5 pounds to Rusty's dad. Then we made a huge batch of salsa (and froze a bunch).


It sure was nice to have a "family" outing. (Later that evening, Brienna & Ethan both came to the pool for YM/YW) Poor Callum--he was the only one that didn't get to swim there on that day.


I followed the buses. Green Canyon is about 70 miles from our town.


Then we stopped at the Teton Dam/Flood site. I was excited because each time we have stopped, the weather has been terrible. Last year it was raining & soooo windy. Unfortunately, it was really windy this year (although the sun was out & it was a mild/nice day). This was the best picture we could get (because "the dirt keeps poking my eyes").


Emmalee, Zane & his buddy--Matthew. You can see the middle of the remains of the Teton Dam in the background.
After the Dam site, we headed back to Rexburg to go bowling. We usually get a behind-the-scenes tour of how the pins are set, but they were busy with another field trip, so we just bowled.


Look how cute those little bowling shoes look on Emmalee!! All the 8 pound balls (the lightest ones) were being used, so we ended up using a 9 pound ball.

I helped her roll it down the lane. Thankfully, Zane's bowling group had the bumper guards up so Emmalee did well--hit pins every time & even got 1 spare!

Zane has decided that bowling is fun, but he is more accurate when bowling on the Wii.
Benjamin liked playing on the floor--the carpet had bowling pins, balls, & stars on it . He kept trying to grab them & pick them up. Although he really didn't get play very much on the ground because everyone wanted to hold him--including Emmalee!
I stayed in Rexburg to do a little shopping when the buses left to head home. It is about 45 minutes back home, but it had been a while since I had to shop with just the 2 little one (and no older ones to help with them). So I didn't do much "shopping"--just getting a few things on my list.

No comments: