Last Thursday was our Track & Field day. It was the nicest day--Monday was super hot (88 degrees), Tuesday was very windy & rainy, Wednesday was a bit rainy, and Thursday was about 70, with a slight cool breeze.
Our group started at the obstacle course. They group all relatives into the same group. Our elementary is K-5, so 5th graders are the leaders. Zane was one of the leaders.
Emmalee had 3-year old pre-school for 1 1/2 hours during this time. So most of the time I just had Benjamin.
Quick, quick, quick!!! (K-2 could just run down one side).
Callum's turn--he made the basket!
Go, Callum, Go!!!
Standing broad jump--Zane's turn.
Callum tried his hardest--thankfully he wasn't jumping over water, because I think he would be very wet!!
Why is Callum smiling? Guess who is on the other side???
Yep--Zane is (orange hat from Hunter's Ed.).
The "little" kids almost got the older kids across the line!! Callum gets laughing so much that he can't pull!!
Callum either threw it high & not far, or not straight so it went off at an angle. But he has quite the arm!!
Nice release, Zane!!! He placed 1st in the school with a throw of 108 feet, 7 inches.
The long jump was next. When we walked over to the pit, I saw Rusty (he was in charge of this one) and he was standing crooked. I knew he had hurt his back. When he bent down to measure one of the first jumps, he threw his back out. So he ended up being in a ton of pain over the long weekend because his chiropractor was gone for Memorial Day. He did get in on Tuesday.
Jump farther!!! Nice hat, Callum. He is wearing the hat I brought for Ben. It used to be Callum's, and he doesn't really want to part with it yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment