Thursday, May 28, 2009

Benjamin

Benjamin's 1st time on the grass--most of our kids were toddling/walking in spring time (he is our 1st winter baby), and none of them enjoyed the feel of grass on their toes.

Benjamin just took right to the grass--rubbing his feet into the cool grass, and picking at the dandelions.
I put the big umbrella up to give him shade--and had a big cooler bag full of water for the boys (and me).


"Mom--why didn't you let me play in the grass before???"



Benjamin--are you ever going to take a nap? Probably not--all the kids in our group keep begging to hold you and are making faces at you. He was getting a little cranky, so I walked in circles with him to try to put him to sleep.

More grass time. I let him play in the grass for about 15 minutes--then he started trying to eat it.



Success at last!!! Now to keep Emmalee from "playing" with him (and waking him up), I gave the task of picking as many dandelions as she could before we went home.
We ended up with 40 dandelions. :)


5 comments:

Melinda said...

I love watching toddlers play in the grass for the first time, so interesting and sweet! Oh, I bet my daughter would have found just as many, what is about dandelion bouquets?! haha

Small House said...

Oh my goodness he's cute! He's had a long fun day...it pays off with a nap in his stroller.
Sandra

Jen said...

Too cute for words! Conner wasn't to hip with touching grass for the first time, either. Now he is tip toeing throught the tulips. Well, actually destroying the tulips, while running in the dirt.

Alida B. said...

He is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

I had fun watching the toddlers in our new ward Sunday. It is such a wonderful age to watch as the explore new things for the first time.

He sure is a cutie.