We're back from Boise--and we survived the long drive with a cramped & crowded van! (More to come about the non-basketball side of the trip.)
Although we lost both of the games, it was a great experience for Ethan, and the other children enjoyed it too.
Here is Ethan on day 1--he's #20. (Orange--Bobcats)
I couldn't post very many action photos because most of them turned out blurry. So here are some free-throw photos.
In the photo below, Ethan's on the left--he usually doesn't play more than a few minutes in varsity--so he was excited to play the last 2 1/2 minutes in the 1st game. We were behind by 20 (didn't stop those 3-point shooters in the 1st half, & by the time we shut them down in the 2nd, we were behind too far.)
These are pictures of game 2 on Friday. It was a really close game, so we weren't sure if Ethan would get any playing time. But we got behind by 7 in the last minute, so Ethan (& the rest of the bench) got to finish the last 25 seconds of the game.

We lost to Richfield on Thursday (53-32), and on Friday, lost to Summit Academy (69-61). Our boys have a great potential, and now if they can just make it one more year to state (when Ethan is a senior), we believe they can win!! I don't think the school has ever been to state back to back years (went last year, but Ethan was on JV so I took him & some friends to watch). We are only losing 1 senior next year, so we hope to be back next year :)
Ethan had a wonderful time and created a lot of memories. Our children also had a great time, and I will be posting more about our trip later.
3 comments:
great pictures!!
looks like Ethan is quite the playa!
Hope you guy had fun! I can't wait till my boys are old enough to be playing sports!! All those pictures bring back good memories for me.
I had to smile when you said they lost to Richfield. My grandparents lived in Richfield for years upon years so I spent a lot of time there!
Way to go Ethan! Even though it didn't turn out the way you had hoped it would, I'm sure it was a fun experience! Can't wait to hear about the road trip!
Post a Comment