That's right--I forgot my camera! I walked over to the school for the big send-off to state. And when I walked in, I remembered that my camera was on the couch.


But I can see how I forgot it--I had to dig the stroller out of storage--under bikes and behind boards. Then I bundled the 2 kids up, strapped Benjamin into his car seat (yes--I put the car seat into the big stroller since he can't sit up on his own yet), and then squished the 2 into the stroller. And I had to dig out an umbrella, also. By that time I had worked up a sweat!! And the school is only a (small-town) block away.
I didn't have time to run back and get the camera, though. I guess you'll just have to imagine the wonderful send-off :)
All the students gathered in the commons area, sang the school song, and yelled a few cheers. Then they made a "tunnel" to wish the boys luck as they boarded the bus. The community pitched in and made t-shirts for the team (and they are selling extras). The dad handing them out said they really made the shirts so they wouldn't get lost in the big city :)
After the send-off, I walked "downtown" to get the mail and to the credit union (gotta have $ for the trip to Boise!). When we first started walking, it was sprinkling, but by the time we ended, it was sunny and 37 degrees out! It really was a nice walk. It's great that the roads and most of the sidewalks are now clear/dry (I guess there are puddles) so I can finally get out and walk!!! Yeah!
Now I just have to make sure that my camera is in my bag for tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment