I will be getting my RAI pill on Thursday, at 3:30 pm. The hospital (EIRMC) could not get it tomorrow (as we had first planned), so 1 more day before I can start my "glow"
Ironically--I will be getting my pill exactly 1 year from my hysterectomy surgery. Last year, I was in surgery on Wednesday, July 13, 2016.
This year--on Thursday, July 13, 2017, I will be in the hospital getting my RAI pill to kill off the rest of the cancer!!
On day 3 after treatment starts, I will begin taking my Thyroid Hormone Replacement medicines and hopefully get my body back to hyper-thyroid-ism (tricking my body into thinking my thyroid doesn't need to work at all--since I have no thyroid!!)
AND...I can stop my LID & eat "normal"!!!
It will be 6 weeks & 3 days when I can stop my Low-Iodine Diet=45 days!! I cannot wait!!!
About 2 weeks after treatment, I will go in for a whole body scan (WBS) & see where the RAI attached & where it will be "fighting/killing off" the rest of the cancer. (This is called uptake)
Every 3 months I will be checked & at 6 & 12 months more scans.
I will be "buddies" with my cancer doctors for the next 20 years.




No comments:
Post a Comment