Monday, March 24, 2014

Play Dough Trial

 I had found a recipe on Pinterest (love finding ideas here!) for a play dough using hair conditioner & corn starch.
 so we decided to give the recipe a try one Sunday afternoon.
 It was nice to the skin (sort-of) but it was super messy.
 we could never get the correct consistency--either sticking to the table or too dry.
 Plus, the corn startch has that "chalky" texture (which can give me the shivers!) so I didn't like playing with it that much.
So I let the kids to to play with it the rest of the day, and then we tossed it out.  Sadly, I bought enough corn starch & conditioner to make another 3 or 4 batches.  But on the happy side, now I don't need to buy corn starch or conditioner for a while!

1 comment:

Jenny Lynn said...

When my kids were all smaller I use to make fresh playdoh at least once a month. It is such a great Sunday activity. I have a large bag of cookie cutters that they would use to make different things. It has been a while since I have made any. I use corn starch in my recipe.