Here is my bookmarks (you might have to click on the picture & then zoom in). But I have tons of folders under my favorite bookmarks.
Here is the front of Callum's binder for Boy Scouts.
The first tab is for Ranks.
I have dividers with pockets so we can put things he's working on in them. This is his summary of where he is. You should be able to ask the Advancement Chairman for a copy of this. Or ask if they can print one at the scout office if no one in your Troop can do this for you.
Then I used the website: http://meritbadge.org/wiki/index.php/Merit_Badge_Worksheets to print off the following worksheets for the BSA ranks & Merit Badges. The picture above is for the Scout rank (which is just pretty much just joining BSA). It would be followed by Tenderfoot, 2nd & 1st Class and then:
This is Callum's current rank. He has everything completed except for one non-required merit badge. There is a Merit Badge Pow-Wow this month that he will complete 2 more merit badges at.
Next I have a section for Required Merit Badges.
Here is the Emergency Preparedness worksheet. He actually did this one at a Pow-Wow, so never filled this worksheet out (the Merit Badge Counselor had other stuff for him).
By the way--these worksheets are NOT required. But they are a big help for the boy, mother, & leader!
The next section is non-required Merit Badges.
Callum picked a few he was interested in. Our Troop has a "library" with the merit badge booklets (which each Scout needs to read before he finishes his merit badge).
Reading & Scholarship are 2 that are not required, but most kids can complete these just by completing their school work & then just a little bit more.
Sorry the pictures are a bit blurry. I just took these with my iPod (& not in very good lighting) so I could quickly get them on the computer for my sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment