Saturday, November 2, 2013

Last Football Game of the Season

Rusty and Ben riding to the game (Brienna turning around to watch them)
 Emmalee also rode her bike.
 The last game was Saturday, Oct. 26th against West Yellowstone.
 Brienna got to play with cute little Lucas.
Zane taking a knee when a player for the other team was injured. 
Zane started & played most of the game.  I video his games, so I don't get a lot of still pictures.  Pamela was there, so she took a lot of these.
 On the line.  This is the last 6-man game also.  Idaho tried to get a 6-man league going, and we thought that 6 teams committed to it, but in the end it was us and 1 other team (Camas Co.). 
 Since there were only 2 teams, we are petitioning to get back into our 8-man league for next year.
 Kick off after a touchdown.
 Getting ready to attempt a sack--he had about 5 super-close sacks.  Just another 1/8 of a second & he would have had it!  
 A week or so ago, he injured his hip joint so he favors his other leg a bit.  But the adrenaline kicks in so he plays hard!  He had an exceptional game--along with the rest of the team.
 On the side lines.
 During half time.
 It was a perfect day for football--sunny, gentle breeze (or no breeze) and in the high 50's.  Perfect!
 If I'm not mistaken, the score was 67-0.  We ended a quarter early because the other team didn't want any more injuries--we were playing with a running clock, but they called the game at the end of the 3rd quarter.
 So proud of #61 & the rest of the Bobcats.  It was a great season.
 Team huddle after the game.  
 I was able to sneak a hug in--but 
almost regretted it--he was pretty sweaty & stinky!  But a hug is a hug!
  Ethan had to work & didn't think he would be able to watch the whole thing, but since it was called early, he was able to see it all.
And one of my favorite views--watching the team walk back to the school after the game.
I went home and got the pan of brownies I had baked earlier in the morning for the community chili feed.  (I had also baked a double batch of pumpkin cookies since the oven was on.)

No comments: