Monday, June 17, 2013

June 2013 recap part 1

The last part of May the kids planted their sunflowers.  After the kids were in bed on a Saturday evening, I quickly went out and planted a few of the mums I bought.  
 Sunday morning Ben yelled for me to come outside.  He was all excited and said, "They grew, they grew!!  Look at the flowers!"  what a cute kid. (I have planted a few more in this spot now)
 Emmalee and Ben...
 watching TV with their animals from Lagoon (I bought the pink monkey for Emmalee & the zebra for Ben.  the other monkey with a crown--a princess monkey--Emmalee got for her birthday).
 Emmalee's hair beard.
 Ben's handsome hair-do.
Last Tuesday (June 11th), I baked all day.  We had a ton of very ripe bananas so I tried a cookie recipe for the family--Banana oatmeal cookies.  I split the double batch into 3 bowls--one with raisins, one with chocolate chips, and the other with raisins and walnuts.  Then I made banana bread with my coconut sugar (double batch--mostly into mini-muffins & mini loaves).  And lastly I made a batch of brownies for YW--I had girls camp prep. on Tuesday and we had a lot of 1st aid to go over.  So Amy asked if I would bake brownies.

No comments: