Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Jr. High & High School Awards--May 15, 2013

 This morning at 9 am I went to the Jr. High awards.  Callum received 3 awards--here he is with the Junior High band.
 Then this is for the outstanding 6th grade math student.
 And his last award is called a "double OT's" award.  It is a math award for getting 100% on both sides of a timed multiplication/division paper.  When they get -0 on both sizes, then they get a "double ot" or 00.  He took 3rd place for the 6th grade.
Here are his certificates.  He is in the top 3 of his class in all of his subjects.
I am grateful that Ben had pre-school from 9-11 so I didn't have to entertain him the whole time.  The high school awards started at 10 and I didn't leave until after 11:30.
 Brienna received the outstanding math student award (a plaque) for the third year in a row.  She has only missed a few test questions through the whole year.  One year she only missed 1 question on a test the whole year!  Let's see if she makes it for 1 more year!  
 Next she received the Physics student of the year award from Mr. Neeves.
 Zane received Science student of the year award (with a plaque).  I knew he was good in science, but I didn't realize he was at the top!  So proud of him :)
 This one surprised me (and him).  I didn't even have my camera ready.  This is the outstanding English student award  (9th grader) from Mrs. King.
 Next was Brienna--she received Outstanding English student (11th grader) from Mrs. King.
 She stopped so I could take a picture of her.
 Then Brienna received the Social Student "Pacemaker" award--along with 2 of her classmates.
 These are the top 3 in Brienna's class:  Josey, Jenine, & Brienna.
 Brienna received the Outstanding Band member award.  She received a plaque for it.  And she really deserved this one--she practices her flute daily, learned a challenging piece & performed it at music festival, and is the only flute player in the band.  She is a strong leader & great example to the other band members.
 Zane receiving his "C Certificate award".
 I had to go and pick Ben up at pre-school (his class is in the high school).  He kept trying to get his head into the pictures so I made sure I took one with him.
 This is the 2012-2013 Student Body officers.  They shook the hands of all the students when they received their C Certificates.  
 One of Zane's good friends, Chandler.
 Brienna receiving her C Certificate.
 aww--Zane gave Brienna a hug!!  And I actually was able to snap a picture of it!
 This is 3 of the Grovers--Jill was reading the C Certificates and got choked up when she was reading the list about her daughter, Josey's.  So her son, Connor, came over and gave them both a hug.
 Ben wanted another picture.
 Brienna's plaque award.
 Zane's plaque for Science student of the year.
 Zane was also the outstanding freshman PE student, & Driver's Education--Real Skill Behind the Wheel award.
 
 
I'm so proud of the kids.  they are doing so well in school and I'm grateful for their choices.  I am also grateful that we live in the small community we do--and the friends the kids have.

No comments: