Monday, April 8, 2013

Brienna's Music Festival & Zane's Track Meet

Wednesday 3 of the high school girls had performances at a music festival in St. Anthony.  The music teacher, Mr. Germer asked if I would drive the girls there since there was only 4 (1 more to play the piano) and so he could drive straight home (he lives in Rigby) instead of having to come clear back to Dubois.

When he first asked me, he thought we would leave at 2, but then called me later and said that the girls didn't perform until 5:45 & 6 pm so we could leave at 4.  Rusty was going to take the  afternoon off to watch Benjamin, so when I found that out, I let him know so he could take the next afternoon off instead & then we could go to Zane's track meet.
This is Brienna & Mr. Germer talking with the judge (who is a music teacher at BYU-I).
Brienna played a very challenging flute piece that Mr. Germer picked.  I later found out he picked it from a list provided by the state music organization which qualified Brienna to compete for a chance to go to state.  (Didn't know any of this until at the festival).  And then also found out that the music festival was actually districts music festival--and the top 2 or 3 in each category would go to state.

The 2 girls singing (a duet) weren't competing for state, so they just performed 2 pieces.  And then Brienna played her piece.  I thought it was awesome--especially because it was her first solo piece and first time at a festival.  In order to go to state, should would need to receive a "superior" rating (I)--and she received an "excellent" (II+).  So proud of her.  This was a first time experience for our music teacher also, so know he knows more for next year.
 So Thursday afternoon, all of us (except Callum who decided to stay home) went to Firth to watch Zane's track meet.  Here he is running the 400.
 This is the start of that race.
And Brienna and Zane walking across the field.  Brienna brought the yearbook camera so she could get some pictures for yearbook.
 And this is Zane's 100 yard dash.  
Zane does the long jump, high jump (I've missed taking pictures because we are always a few minutes late & miss seeing him), 100 and 400. 

No comments: