Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Emmalee's Teeth

 Emmalee's top two teeth have been loose most of the summer.  She finally lost the first one over the weekend (after her and Benjamin wrestled a bit).
 But the 2nd tooth was just hanging in there and she wouldn't let anyone near it.  She finally couldn't eat anything because anywhere she chewed would bump the front tooth.  She wanted Dad to pull it (about 20 times) but then chickened out.  So finally at bed time last night, she was whining because she was hungry, but she couldn't eat (and she hadn't eaten her dinner) so I told her I was going to hold her down while Dad pulled it.  
I got a wet washcloth, held her arms (she didn't really fight me too much) & Dad pulled it out!  She only "cried" a little because it bled for about a minute (I think it was because she could see it on the washcloth that was in her mouth).

She is happy to have them both out--and to celebrate she ate a bowl of Cheerios!

PS--Dad gave her $1 for letting him pull the tooth out.  He had offered earlier in the day, so he decided it was only fair.  Double $ for that tooth!

No comments: