Junior High basketball practice started right before Christmas.
They have 8 days of games--all 4 weekends of January. But then they are finished. I actually like this schedule for a couple of reasons.
First--they are done the end of the month! And second--they have the opportunity for a lot of playing time and experience because 3 of those days are tournaments where they have at least 2 games.
The first picture is from a tournament at home--the last 2 are at the tournament in Twin Bridges, MT from this past Saturday. I haven't taken a lot of photos at the basketball games because I am usually videoing it. Zane did make a 3-pointer on Saturday & was quite excited about it. The 8th grade team is undefeated & hope they can finish out the season undefeated.
Our first 2 weeks of January have been very busy with scouts, Young Men & Young Women's activities, basketball games, Brienna & Zane playing in the band at games, a dentist appointment for me, speech therapy for Benjamin, and the class that Rusty & I are taking in Idaho Falls.
The state of Idaho is requiring all K-8 teachers to take a Math class by 2014. It is every Wednesday for 10 weeks, from 4-8:30 in Idaho Falls. Our first class was last Wednesday, and we are discovering that while there is some math involved, it is more geared towards how we teach math.
1 comment:
Basketball is our favorite sport at our house. I think it is great that Zane is getting a chance to play.
This is the first year I have not had to attend a math training class. I kinda miss having one. Since I have worked with different grade levels the last 3 years. I would have loved a 6th grade math review. So, I could be a better at teaching it. Bet you are learning lots.
Post a Comment