Monday, January 16, 2012

Home! (First 2 Weeks of January)

While it was nice to take a break (and I mean a break--we had some nice "lazy" days!), it was also very nice to be home & get back into the routines of every-day life!
 Brienna made cupcakes--in honor of the new "Smurf" movie.  The pictures don't do the cupcakes justice!  
 They were all very cute! (Papa Smurf, Brainy, and even a few mushrooms)
 Benjamin wanted to take my picture--and even told me how to pose!  Silly kid.
 Here he is playing hide and seek--he's sure no one can see him!
 Especially now!
 Benjamin's snowman made out of his new play dough.  (I think this is the way he build it?)
 My winter decorations
 And our family of wooden snowmen my dad made for us quite a few years ago. 
 This is how our back yard has looked for close to a month (it's the shadiest part of the yard--so it still has a touch of snow!)  It's been crazy weather!
 Our creek still has "water" (ice) in it.  And in warm weather, the water runs on top of the ice & so it is just building up.  
 I'm afraid we might be in for some flooding this spring unless somehow the ice breaks up.  
 This is looking across the creek from our house.
 I've been told that this is only the 3rd time we've had water year-round in the creek in the last 20 years.
 It sure makes for some pretty photos!
This is what we woke up to this morning--maybe 1 inch of snow!  The kids were excited.  And we are supposed to have storms all week--but I'm not holding my breath!

2 comments:

jannalee said...

Wow! Brienna is so talented! I love the Smurfs cupcakes!! The pictures of the creek are beautiful! I hope you don't have flooding from it in the spring!

Jenny Lynn said...

As I sit here at the computer I can look out the window and see that the storm is coming. We are suppose to have lots more snow by now. But our yard looks like your back yard right now.

The water looks amazing. I really hope you don't have any flooding this spring.