Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December Recap Part 2

Monday, December 12th started out busy (but when don't Mondays start out busy--recovering from a weekend!)
I made a double batch of sugar cookies.  Benjamin loves counting how many things I pour into the bowl.  And he holds my arm as I scoop & pour (his version of "helping" me)

After those cookies were mixed, I covered them & put them in the fridge (thankfully we have a second fridge so that I have enough room!)  Then I started in on a double batch of applesauce cookies--I made a couple of pans with raisins in them & the rest had chocolate chips in them.
After lunch I made a triple batch of bread--enough for dinner (polish sausage bread), us & then a dozen mini-loaves for the cheer baskets that went to families/widowers/widows, etc. in our community.

After school, I had 3 piano lessons, then we had dinner & I went to a friend's house to practice a song we were singing for the community program on Tuesday.  There were 5 moms singing to our daughters as they sat in little rocking chairs (or on the hay) holding their baby dolls.

Then I came home & we cut out sugar cookies for FHE.    I am 100% positive I took pictures of the kids cutting them out, but I cannot find them anywhere!  Zane missed out, though, because he had his first basketball practice.

I also (in my "spare" time), finished putting a booklet together for Brienna.  She was in charge of getting a group of youth to sing carols for 15 minutes or so at the beginning of the program on Tuesday.  So she needed a booklet with the words of a lot of Christmas carols.  I never realized how hard it was to put a booklet together and get the page number correct,  and if there is more than one page, make it work when you turn the page. 

I finally cut & pasted (not on the computer) until I got one to work--then I went back to the computer and cut & pasted so I could print it out.  Then I went to the church to make 20 copies.

When I started this post, I really thought I would get a "recap" of most of the week in this one post.  But it looks like this one post is plenty long, so I will publish it now & work on Tuesday!

No comments: