Monday, December 19, 2011

December--Part 1

Christmas is almost here, and so much is going on in our lives.  
Here is a re-cap:
Sunday, Dec. 4th we made homemade ornaments out of salt dough.  (Rusty had left over dough from his Primary lesson.)
 Ben loves play dough so he thought this was a blast.
 We let them dry overnight & then got ready to paint them (& other plaster-of-paris ornaments I bought).
 I think Ben had just as much fun painting his plate!

 Callum painting his ornaments.
 We had great intentions of sending a few to Ethan, but they never got into his package we sent (sorry, Ethan!)  I guess we'll have some for him for next year!

 I even jumped in & painted a couple.  I usually don't care too much for painting little things, because I don't have a very steady hand at painting fine details (faces, etc.)  But I had a lot of fun--plus I needed the practice because I helped the girls paint ornaments at Activity Days later in the week (Thursday).
 Benjamin went over to Callum & helped him "paint"--his plate, that is!
 Here's a dark picture of Zane painting his ornament.
 Nice, Zane!
 Rusty painting his ornament (I couldn't get rid of the red-eye!)  During the week, I baked a lot of cookies.  I needed cookies for the teachers on Sunday, and I wanted some to send to Ethan, so I made ginger snaps & applesauce cookies.
 Thursday after school, I helped the older girls in Primary paint ornaments for cheer baskets.  Their leader was out of town, so me & another lady helped them.  I took all my paints for them to use.  Then we cleaned up, I came home & got ready to go to the school faculty dinner/party.  I took some of the cookies I made earlier in the week.
 Friday, the 9th of December, Emmalee & Callum were able to make gingerbread houses  at the school.
 They had a lot of fun--and I had to take a picture before they ate all the candy off the houses!
 Callum looks like he isn't too excited--but he kept blinking or closing his eyes.  I took 10 or more pictures and this is the only one with his eyes opened.
 He finally said he didn't care if he had his eyes opened or closed--he wanted to eat his candy!
Rusty took Zane to town to get basketball shoes. I took the kids to town on Friday to get their school secret-Santa gifts & finish some shopping.  
 We didn't get home until almost 7, and still needed to get the cookies decorated for the Primary teachers.  Thankfully, Brienna "rescued" me (since she is a pro at cookie/cake decorating!) & frosted all the cookies for me.

Sunday, Dec. 11th, was the day we introduced the 2012 Primary theme to the teachers.  We had the young women come to Primary & do sharing time & singing time while we presented the new theme to the teachers.  The theme is Choose the Right, so we had cookies & milk for the treat.  The teachers got their new manuals & a gift (I didn't take a picture of the gift--I'll have to do that some time).  

Then Monday, I made (more) sugar cookies & we cut them out & baked them for FHE.  I remember taking pictures of the kids cutting them out, but I cannot find them!  (I even went through all the camera memory cards I can find!)  

1 comment:

jannalee said...

How fun to paint ornaments! And Emmalee's and Callum's gingerbread houses are cute! That's funny that Callum didn't care how he looked in the picture because he just wanted to eat the candy off his house!