Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

Emmalee, the cutest little witch.

 Last minute she decided she wanted her face green, so we quickly got it painted.  But I didn't have time to get a "wart" on her nose.
 Rusty had to report for jury duty today at 1pm, so he moved him party to 11am.  Callum getting ready to play a game.
 I helped him get it together & planned a few games.
 More 5th grade party time.  I didn't get pictures taken at Emmalee's party--it seems I don't get the pictures taken at the younger grade-school parties because I am a bit busier.
 Callum performing at Rocktober.
 Getting ready for trick-or-treating.  Callum the spy & Benjamin the cow.  When I called Ben a cow, he would just take his hood off and say "no cow".
 Rusty's costume glows in the dark--but I forgot to get a picture of it tonight while he was wearing it.
 Brienna (aka: Little Red Riding Hood), Benjamin (who isn't a cow if his hood is off) & Spy Callum.
 Callum showing me his badge & spy watch.
Emmalee decided she didn't want to be a witch tonight, and instead wanted to be a princess fairy.  But of course we couldn't find her wand (which was "ok") or her princess crown (which was NOT "ok").
 So this is the only picture I was able to get of her.  I finally sent Brienna, Ben & Callum off without her.  But a minute later she had Rusty catch her up to the others.
 Zane (aka: Phantom of the Opera) went trick-or-treating with his friend, Chandler.
My trick-or-treating set-up for the evening.
 Our lovely jack-o-lanterns.
 Zane carved the spider & Callum carved the "large" mini-pumpkin.
Brienna did the Perry the Platypus, and Callum did both Lady Liberty & the cat.
 Here is my costume (same one from Spooktacular).
That's right.......DR. PEPPER.  When I first planned this costume (last year), my very favorite pop was Dr. Diet Pepper (caffeine-free).  And I planned on carrying/drinking a pop while wearing my costume.  But I gave up pop in February, so I was "pop-less."

We had 30-40 trick-or-treaters tonight, which is about average.  We usually have the kids that know us since we live at the end of a dead end street.  And we have a "haunted" street light that likes to turn off when people drive/walk by it.

Brienna took the younger 3 kids out and I told her to call me when/if she wanted me to drive them around to a few houses (usually the ones that are "out of town" a little ways).  It was a pretty decent night overall--started out quite comfortable,and then it rained (well--more like sprinkled) for about 20 minutes. After the rain storm passed, the wind picked up some and that is when Brienna called me.  I think the kids all got wayyyyy too much candy, but they think they are in candy heaven. 

And one last thing--Rusty did NOT get picked for the jury.  So he can have a "normal" week now. 

2 comments:

jannalee said...

Once again, you all had great costumes! Rusty's costume was funny! That's good that he didn't get picked for jury. I'm glad you had a nice Halloween (and my kids got way too much candy too)!

Anonymous said...

ok so exactly what does rustys shirt say? budget ??? costume? and zanes costume is my favorite, but they are all cute - sister, thanks soooo much for sharing! loveya