Last Friday I spent almost 3 hours in the dentist chair.
One of my teeth (a bottom molar) had chipped probably 6 months ago, and so every time I ate something, food would get stuck between my teeth. So I flossed a lot, but it didn't bug me--until last week. So I finally called & got an appointment (I don't know why I dread going to the dentist because I really do like to have my teeth cleaned & we have dental coverage).
There were a few "good" things about this dentist trip:
1--I did NOT need a root canal. But the tooth had decayed some so he had to do a cap for the tooth.
2--I got to use "happy gas" for the first time since I've gotten married. All the other times I went to the dentist, I was either pregnant or nursing.
3--I was able to get my permanent cap instead of having a temporary & coming back another day for the permanent one. (one reason I was there for 3 hours)
4--I was able to watch TV the whole time (a great distraction from the tooth work!) I mainly watched the HGTV channel.
5--I had a $65 dollar credit from the last visit (insurance actually paid more than expected last time) & if I paid in full, I would get a 10% discount. So it wasn't quite as expensive as I first thought it would be.
Things not so good: I couldn't talk for about 2 hours afterwards. (After the dentist began, he had to numb things a little more because I could still feel things). My mouth & tongue was quite numb!
Then Monday I had my physical for Wood Badge. At least that one was much more pleasant than the dentist visit! And I found out some wonderful news!
They actually measured how tall I was. I expected to have lost a half an inch or so. But I found out that I am actually 5 foot 5 inches! My whole life I thought I was 5 foot 4 inches! After finding that out, I realized that I really have never been measured for my height since high school. When I first got married and was pregnant, they just asked me how tall I was. And that has happened over, and over again. I don't ever remember being measured to see how tall I actually was.


3 comments:
I'm glad you had a "good" visit to the dentist!
Glad you got your tooth fixed. I have spent some time in with kiddo's in the dentist chair.
I can relate to the height thing. I have never been measured since High School either. And when I got married and was pregnant, they would ask me how tall I was as well.
can't believe you went to the dentist without mom - I know I would NEVER go without her - loveya
Post a Comment