Actually it's "Track & Field Day", but they used to call it Play Day (and as far as the kids are concerned--they do get to "play")
First we had the broad jump. Here's Callum jumping like a frog.
And Emmalee's turn. It was a cloudy & windy day. Most of the time the kids had their jackets on.
Callum at the softball throw.
Emmalee in action
Next was the tug-of-war. They had older vs. younger grades, boys vs. girls, and parents vs. kids. It was fun & everyone had a chance to "win".
Emmalee is in the purple coat (like I said--it was very windy)
Callum throwing the ball during the obstacle course. They run through the tire, around the swing sets, jump rope twice, go through more tires, and then back to the beginning.
Emmalee getting ready to run--I videoed her race so this is the only picture I have for this event. By the time they kids are done, they are tired!
Then it was the 50 and 100 yard dash. Emmalee didn't want to take off her coat. And she didn't realize the whistle started the race so she stood there for a couple of seconds before she realized everyone else had started (the teacher said "On your mark, get set," and then blew the whistle. Emmalee was waiting for "GO"!
Callum hung in there--last week when he was swimming on his field trip, he hurt his foot when he was climbing out of the pool. So he almost had to gallop.
The long jump--Rusty was in charge of this event. And it was our last.
Emmalee in action.
Nice landing, Callum. When it was over, I felt like my face was wind-burned. But the next morning I realized that is was also sunburned--along with my arms (I didn't wear a jacket most of the time). I didn't even think of sun blocking me because it was so cloudy. At least it was just a little bit of a sun burn & didn't hurt.
1 comment:
It looks like Callum and Emmalee had lots of fun!
Post a Comment