Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fri. & Sat. May 20-21, 2011

Friday (& part of Sat.) was a cleaning day (well--at least morning).  I started cleaning about 8 am and didn't stop until about 1 pm.  
 As I was folding laundry, I spied Callum in his room cleaning.  He had the little vacuum and was cleaning away.
 Pretty soon he came to me and said, "Since my room is clean, can I have a sleep-over?"  Zane was getting ready for an overnight camping trip with the scouts.  

As much as I appreciated Callum cleaning, I had to tell him no.  Rusty & I went on a date (and shopping trip) to town  & didn't expect to be back until close to bed-time.

I vacuumed, swept, did 4 loads of  laundry, put clothes away, made beds, and got the dishes done.  So at 1 pm, Zane left on his camping trip, and Rusty & I headed to town.  We ate at a Chinese buffet, and then went shopping.  Rusty looked for work boots and we also looked for a lawn mower (the one we've had for about 18 years "died" last fall after Rusty mowed out at our land).  Plus we did grocery shopping.

We got back about 9 pm.  And again--we had to unload the shopping stuff.  I sure wish that it could somehow put itself away!

Saturday I did more cleaning.  Emmalee asked if she could take some pictures with my camera.  Here are a few that I kept (she took about 50--had a blast!)
 Her book
 A balloon
 Yummy chocolate chip cookies
 The kids' couch
 Her play tent
 Benjamin
 Zane & their table full of "school library" books
 Callum
 A napping Benjamin
and the car "garage".

After lunch, I went & volunteered at our Bountiful Basket site.  Every other week we get a basket of 50% fruit/50% veggies for $15 (if you order the Monday before).  It is nice to have the convenience here--and it makes me eat/use more fruits & veggies.  

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love Emmalee's photos. Such a busy weekend. Cleaning, I am behind since my surgery. UGH!!! My children have tried, but there is no sub for a mom.