Thursday, March 17, 2011

Up date on Benjamin

Bittersweet news:


We've had only 2 nights of waking up & crying.  And  I hate to admit, but the second night (which was Tuesday night), I (& Rusty) didn't even hear him!  (Poor Brienna--getting woke up with Benjamin!)  Brienna has been a life-saver for us!  She is such a help!


So Tuesday night, March 15, 2011, was the last time I nursed Benjamin.  Rusty & I went on our overnight date Wednesday, and Benjamin barely missed us.  (In fact, I think the only one that really missed us was Emmalee--we "Skyped" with her & called a few time.).


So I was a little nervous about bedtime tonight (with Ben).  But after all the kiddos were in bed and/or asleep, I told Ben it was time for bed (which normally had meant time to nurse).  He climbed up on my lap, got into the nursing position, and I told him, "No--all done."  Then I had him grab a stuffed animal & a pillow & he snuggled on my lap.  He tugged on my shirt about 10 minutes later, but I again told him it was all gone, and he just laid back down.  


He fell asleep on my lap about 30 minutes later (after a few trips to the boys' room, off to find a different stuffed animal & pillow, & getting a blanket).  


So this is a bitter-sweet day for me.  My little guy is officially weaned.  And I wasn't in any pain during the process (I stopped nursing Emmalee cold-turkey & was a couple hundred miles away from her--I promised myself I'd never do that again!!)


My days of nursing children is over.  I pretty much have been nursing a child or pregnant with a child for about 18 of my almost 20 years of marriage.  So I have mixed emotions right now.  I guess I just need to prepare for the next stages/steps of my life.


PS:   I am very sad.  my camera-- that I use(d) almost every day, is broken & probably not repairable.  I am almost heartbroken & a bit lost without it!  I'm not sure what I'm going to do--I guess for now I'll borrow Brienna's camera.  (frowny face)


PPS:  I guess since Benjamin is weaned, we can take a girls trip to Pamela's (my sister) house for General Conference weekend!! 

1 comment:

jannalee said...

Yay that Benjamin is weaned! I understand the bittersweetness!