I just have to make a clarification (for my blogging buddy, Jenny).
I have actually been sugar-free for over 11 months now. My 1 year anniversary is April 5th. (I cut {cold-turkey} sugar out of my diet the day after Easter last year.) This started out as a 2 week goal, and then a month goal, and then I didn't really miss the sugar, so I decided to make it a 1 year goal. But now that the 1 year is almost here, I think I will just continue.
And by sugar, I mean white-refined-granulated sugars. If a food has 1 gram or less of sugar per serving (and sugar isn't in the top 5 ingredients), then I usually will eat that food. But when I bake/cook, I do not add sugar. I use honey & have used Stevia a little bit also.
Then in January, we (the family) got talking about drinking pop--and Brienna didn't think I could give up my diet pop (which has been my "sweet" treat since giving up sugar). My 2 favorites: Shasta diet root beer & caffine-free diet Dr. Pepper. So of course, I had to "prove" to Brienna (& myself) that I COULD give pop up. So I decided to give up pop for 1 month--but I'm going strong and have decided to see how long I can go without my diet pop.
So in January, I drank all the diet pop that I had bought, and my first day without pop was February 1st. I do have to say that there are times (especially when I'm driving back & forth between IF & home) that I really miss my pops, but most of the time I don't even miss it. And I am saving $!
So I guess I should thank Brienna for the "double-dog dare" to quit drinking pop!
2 comments:
Brienna is awesome! lovey all of you!!! laurie
Your such a good example for me. Thanks for clarifying it just for me!I love honey so I think I can make the switch to using more honey in baking than sugar. I made pancakes for the kiddos yesterday and was just fine not having any.
Post a Comment