Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Emmalee's Sick Eyes

Saturday night, Emmalee started getting goop in & around her eyes.  And since there were a couple of kids at the elementary school that had pink eye, we assumed that's what she had.
 So Sunday we started the eye drops for pink eye (we have some on hand since we live so far from Dr. & pharmacies--and our Dr. prescribed some for us).
 But after all the gunk & redness of the white of her eyes disappeared, the red "raccoon" eyes haven't disappeared.
 In fact, they have gotten worse.  I didn't take a picture today (Tuesday)--these pictures are from Sunday night.  But the redness goes from her eye brows to her cheeks below her nose.
( I told her to look sad in this picture)  So, I am going to call the doctor in the morning to see if I need to take her in.
Except for her eyes bugging her, she has been acting & playing like a well child.  And playing nicely with Benjamin at times, but then also teasing, hitting, wrestling & fighting with him too.  If she wasn't already in bed, I would take a picture of her.  Maybe I'll take one in the morning.

2 comments:

jannalee said...

Poor Emmalee! Looking at the pictures of her eyes almost made my eyes water!

Alida B. said...

I keep checking for an update. Did you find out what it could be??