Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Homecoming Week

This week is Homecoming for us (I know--it's really, really early in the year!!)

And that means dress-up days.

Monday was Career Day.  Brienna dressed up as a doctor/nurse.  She was wearing scrubs, but since she leaves before the sun gets up (and I guess before I get up too), I didn't get a picture of her.  And when she got home from school, I was already teaching piano lessons.  When I was finally ready for a picture, she has already changed out of her costume.  So I told her she will have to get dressed up again so I could post it here (and so I will have pictures to scrapbook)

I did get pictures of Zane (because I am up by then).  Can you tell what he dressed up as?
A CIA agent :D

Today (Tuesday) was Rock & Roll day.  I sounds fun, but it was harder to find clothes for rock & roll (because we don't have an Elvis costume).

So they went with the 80's theme.
Brienna has some attitude!!!
She went for the Cyndi Lauper look.
Thankful the "attitude" was just an act--she really has a great attitude (after all--she was on her way to early-morning seminary).
She thought her hair was a little too big, but I told her to take it from an "expert"--it could be a lot bigger :D

Zane went for the guitarist look--punk/colored hair & his wonderful "electric" (battery-operated) guitar that he borrowed from Benjamin.
We put purple hair spray on the sides & black on top.

At lunch time, I added a blue stripe between the black & purple (you can't see it in this photo).

Tonight is Beefcake Volleyball, & tomorrow is Powder Puff Football.  Brienna said she will go & cheer, but has no desire to play football :D

Tomorrow and Thursday dress up days will be much, much easier:  Camo (as in camouflage) day & Orange & Black.

The bon fire is Thursday night, parade is Friday morning, and the game is Friday afternoon. 

2 comments:

jannalee said...

Love the outfits! And yes, Brienna, I too know from experience that your hair could have been bigger! LOL! Have fun at all the Homecoming activities!

Anonymous said...

espcially LOVE zane's costume! loveya sis