Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Emmalee's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday (Monday, Aug. 30th) was Emmalee's 1st day of school.  Emmalee was so excited to go to school.  All I had to say to her was, "Emmalee, are you ready for kindergarten?" and she jumped out of bed.  She tried to get dressed while she was still rubbing her eyes & waking up.

She decided to eat breakfast at home in case she didn't like the breakfast that was served at school (free for all students).

When we started walking to school, it wasn't raining, but by the time we got there (2 small-town blocks), we were soaked.


It rained/sprinkled most of the morning.  Here she is outside of the school.  Emmalee is excited that she is finally in the same school as Dad & Callum (pre-school was held at the High School).
Can't you just see her excitement & anticipation oozing out!?!  Her teacher (Mrs. Nelson) is in the background.  Mrs. Nelson is also a new teacher (just out of college & first year teaching). 

She found her seat (because we visited her classroom a couple of times including Back-to-School night last Wednesday) and couldn't wait to use the things in her pencil box.

We decided to let her stay all day on a trial basis.  P.E, additional art projects, computer time & other "fun" activities are in the afternoon after Kindergarten is "officially" done at 1:30 pm. 

I missed having her at home, helping me & Benjamin (teasing & bugging him), but I'm glad she is so enthusiastic about school.

She was ready for a snack (Raisin Bran cereal) as soon as she came home.

So how was my first day with just me & Ben?  I still don't know--Callum was sick & stayed home on Monday, & Zane was sick today (Tuesday) & was home all day.  I went to town today to get some shopping done.  Benjamin came with me, and it wasn't nearly as "bad" as I thought it would be.   I guess shopping with just 1 child isn't nearly that bad (it's just been a long, long, long, time since that has happened).

2 comments:

jannalee said...

Emmalee looks so cute and excited! I'm glad she likes school! Love and miss you all!

Anonymous said...

how cute she is, what a sweetheart! I miss my neice! thanks for sharing! loveya