I went to the chiropractor on Tuesday afternoon. He said that I have a stiff neck probably caused from:
- STRESS
- Nursing
- Lack of Sleep
- STRESS
He was surprised that I had the symptoms for 9 days and hadn't come in yet. He said by the time the stiff neck is so pronounced, that I have had the problem for months.
I had my back adjusted and my neck was massaged, given electric shocks, and then cracked 5 times. He said that I must have a high tolerance for pain, because he usually can't do that many adjustments with as stiff of a muscle & pinched nerve as I have.
He warned me that I wouldn't feel great right away like a back adjustment. But it will take time, and a few more adjustments. In the meantime, I am supposed to keep using the hot pack on my neck, and.....
- TAKE IT EASY
- eliminate my stress
- USE MORE PILLOWS WHEN NURSING
- get more sleep
I reminded him that I have 6 children, and most of them would much rather sit through a 3 hour lecture, 5 hours of time out, and go to the dentist than help out around the house.
So here's to taking it easy! (I did soak in a nice, hot bubble bath Tuesday night.)
2 comments:
I hope your neck starts feeling better soon! I hate it when that happens to me.
I hear you, Mine will run to the bathroom to hide. "We really gotta go" then I don't see them for about an hour. This is really my oldest formula to get out of work. Crazy thing is that he has not caught on, I save the work for him!
really hope your neck is better soon. But really understand what your feeling with it.
Post a Comment