Monday, May 18, 2009

Piano Recital--Teacher's Perspective

The piano recital was a success!!! Ten student performed--but only 7 of them are my students. I invited anyone in our community that has been "taking" piano lessons to take part. The other piano teacher didn't require her students to perform, but for my students, there is no choice. I think it is important to learn to play in front of an audience. They all received a big Symphony candy bar with a tag that says "Spring 2009 Piano Recital--'Noteworthy' Performance". This is a nice-looking group of kids!!
I didn't have as many students this year because I coached volleyball in the fall & then had Benjamin, so I didn't want to take as many afternoons teaching.
We had a lot of people in the audience--we had 37 total--all squeezed into our Relief Society room in the LDS church. Rusty actually didn't make it because Benjamin and Emmalee were sick Sunday & he stayed home to take care of them.

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a nice looking group! My heart start to palpitate (sp?) faster when I reflect on my piano recitals, growing up. I have one word to say about them...disaster. I always seemed to forget either the beginning, middle or end of the music. So lame!
I bet your students were outstanding!

Erin said...

How fun! I am up to six students now, so I guess it's time to start preparing them for a recital.