Where have I been? Well, from the last blog, you can see we had a snow storm over the weekend, so I spent the snow day (Monday) with the children. It was a nice "lazy" day. Actually, the older children each did a load of laundry, and Callum did the dishes :)
But last week got away from me, and so here are some of the reasons I was away.
Pack Meeting:
I had to start pack meeting early so I could leave early (while the boys were in the middle of a project) so we could go to.....
Ethan's induction into the National Honor Society.

He desperately needed a haircut :) He hates getting his picture taken, so I took full advantage of this opportunity!!!
Our small school hasn't had the NHS for over 10 years, so it was nice to get it back!
Wow--a smiling photo. Alright--this was really a pose for the yearbook picture, but luckily I was right next to the yearbook camera!
Saturday was a full day of Little Bobcat Basketball--the final games and Hoop Shoot :)
Ethan is in the "zebra" shirt to the left, and Callum is the shortest one on the court.
Callum looks so little, trying to shoot at the full-sized basket. He has the patience and perseverance to keep trying, and never giving up.

This is where he shot his free-throws. He finally hit the net on 2 of his shots. He will get stronger and one day will make the basket!
Callum placed 11th. The nice thing is, this program is free, the kids learn basic basketball skills, and all the children received prizes and treats.
Zane shot from the regular free-throw line, and came in 5th place over all.

Zane is an excellent free-throw shooter, and he is amazing at making 3-pointers (already--5th grader!). He will be a great asset to the Jr. High team next year (yikes--I can't believe he will be in Jr. High!)

He desperately needed a haircut :) He hates getting his picture taken, so I took full advantage of this opportunity!!!
Saturday was a full day of Little Bobcat Basketball--the final games and Hoop Shoot :)
Ethan is in the "zebra" shirt to the left, and Callum is the shortest one on the court.This is where he shot his free-throws. He finally hit the net on 2 of his shots. He will get stronger and one day will make the basket!
Callum placed 11th. The nice thing is, this program is free, the kids learn basic basketball skills, and all the children received prizes and treats.
Zane is an excellent free-throw shooter, and he is amazing at making 3-pointers (already--5th grader!). He will be a great asset to the Jr. High team next year (yikes--I can't believe he will be in Jr. High!)
We got home about 1:30 (on Sat.) from the tournament, ate lunch, and then I gave everyone (except for Brienna) haircuts. I even trimmed my bangs and thinned my thick, thick hair. All the boys look sharp--but I'm not sure if I have any pictures of them yet!
After haircuts, we worked on cleaning the house. I was a "mean, mean mama" and "forced" my children (especially the boys) to help me clean the house for 1 whole hour. Can you believe that? Making the children clean something other than their rooms--and for that long--60 whole minutes!
Then Brienna and I dashed off to the church to watch the Young Women's Broadcast. I am glad we attended--it was uplifting and refreshing.
So--that's why I haven't posted very often the last few days.
Oh--and one more reason. I have been working on (and finally finished it today) book #3 "Eclipse" in the Twilight series.

1 comment:
It sounds like you've been busy! And I am jealous that you are done with Eclipse, book #3! The only book I own is Twilight, but I've told Dave that I want all the books in the series!
Post a Comment