Friday, February 13, 2009

School Valentine's Parties

Thursday was the kids' Valentine's parties (since we have a 4-day school week, Thursday is our Friday!). Here are the cookies we made for the family--we have long names in our family, so I either needed to make bigger cookies, or have a smaller decorating tip! And I don't think that Benjamin will be eating his :)
The boys (Callum & Zane) decorated the cookies for their classmates themselves. Although I only had candy hearts and white piping, each tray of cookies looked different! Here is Callum with his cookies (he looks quite pleased with himself).

And here he is in the classroom making a necklace by wrapping candy in a long piece of saran wrap, and tying a piece of string between the candies.

Looks like he is having a ton of fun! Callum wearing his finished candy necklace (the necklace made it home, but was eaten shortly after!) And here are the cookies that Zane decorated--I guess he wanted to have a lot of the candy hearts!

And here he is in class playing "Do you love your neighbor?" They had a ton of fun. This is a fun class, but very noisy and talkative!

Here are the cookies Emmalee decorated--she put a really thick layer of frosting on the cookies, and placed the hearts with tender loving care. She licked the frosting off the knife after decorating the first cookie, and was ready to frost the 2nd one! I had to quickly tell her that no one else wanted to share that much love!

Emmalee had a little party at pre-school, although I didn't get to her party. They ate cookies and drank juice. But I wanted to show you how cute she is!!!


(Hey--did you notice that I finally changed the date on my camera?)

No comments: