More pictures at Storybook Island
One of my most favorite pictures--Jack & Jill. (Ben had a fit because we got after him for running ahead of us so he didn't want to do anything we wanted him to do--so we just let him pick where he wanted to go next)
Zane & Pinocchio must be brothers--same grin/smile. Brienna also had a great smile too!
Drinking fountains
This is Crazy Horse. We decided not go in (it was a long day anyways & we needed to get going)
We drove by Flintstone land--but after Storybook Island, no one was too disappointed that we were skipping this one.
We did get to see Dino (I think that's how you spell his name)
Made it in time to do some mini-golfing. Zane has been a great help with Ben & Emmalee.
Emmalee played a couple of holes, & then wanted to go swimming. Pamela too her back to the room but ended up sleeping & having a pretty high fever.
It was a lot of fun!
Ben couldn't quite remember how to hold the golf club.
Pamela didn't finish playing so she could stay with Emmalee.
I think Rusty & I need to go miniature golfing sometime!
Ben jumping in.
and now callum!
a few more pictures of golfing
We stopped at Hill City to see the biggest collection of teddy bears. She has over 8,800!!!
And she remembers their stories. A lot of them are donated.
It has been relatively cool in South Dakota & we have appreciated that.
More about the weather since North Platte, NE--the weather has turned humid, so it's quite muggy. Ben wanted to stop & stretch when we were about 45 minutes from our motel, so we found a gas station for a potty/stretch break. He got out but that lasted about 30 seconds because it felt like we were stepping into a hot sauna! (I'd say a hot oven, but we could definitely feel the moisture too!)
Pamela & I got the "sleep-deprived-laughter" this afternoon (on the drive to Kansas City). It was about 90 degrees with humidity of about 60 %. I keep offering to drive, but Pamela doesn't want to be the navigator (especially in any traffic or cities), so she drove all of today
No comments:
Post a Comment