Since we didn't have school last Thursday, they made this past Thursday (the 13th) our parent teacher conference day so parties were moved up to before lunch since we had early release. (We are on a 4-day school week)
So I had already signed up to help with Emmalee's party (had a few games for them & a treat).
This was the heart bean bag relay we played in the gym.
They had to walk or hop with the bean bag between their knees.
It was a lot harder than we thought, so we allowed them to put it higher between their legs. But it gave them some time to get their energy out!
Emmalee with her Valentines & treats.
I wanted to leave early enough so I could be at Ben's party for the last 20 minutes or so, but ended up only getting there 10 minutes before the end of pre-school.
And they kids were already finished with the party & had their coats on to come home. So this is Ben's Valentine treasures!
On Friday, Rusty got up early (as usual) & cleaned the kitchen for me! I have been sick on & off the past 3 weeks, so things seem to pile up quickly. That was the best Valentine's present ever!
Then I did piano lessons for Ben & Emmalee (which doesn't happen as regular/often as it should) & got ready to go to town. Emmalee really wanted to come with me (claims I never take her to town--which is true) so I warned her it would be a day full of shopping. She insisted she wouldn't complain so I brought her along. I went to Chesbro Music store to find more piano music for my students. I was done in about 1 hour (Emmalee did get a little tired/bored there, but I just had her sit by my feet while I looked thru the books). Then we went grocery shopping at WinCo--hadn't been there for about 2 months! Afterwards we met up with Pamela at Wal-Mart where we were supposed to meet up with Ethan & Tiffany. But they were running late (Ethan forgot to pack the night before so had to pack after his class) so Pamela & I were just in the check-out line when Ethan & Tiffany made it to IF.
So we all went to Michael's, Zurchers, & the other Wal-Mart to wedding shop. We got flowers & a lot of the stuff we'll need for the wedding. Tons of fun but super tiring (especially since I'm still not 100% from my numerous illnesses over the past month). Made it home around 8 & spent an hour putting stuff away.
Another great Valentine's present--the kids cleaned the living room & vacuumed (which I must admit hadn't been vacuumed for at least 2 weeks).
Rusty & I went on a date on Saturday after Emmalee's Little Bobcat basketball. We went to Famous Dave's BBQ--which was yummy, but not as delicious as Texas Roadhouse (can't beat those rolls) & it was pricier. Afterwards we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple of things & then went to the "thrift store & thrift movie". Gotta love DI--found an outfit & a few other treasures. Then we watched "Catching Fire" & headed home. I did give Rusty some starbursts (he's the star of my life) & Reese's pieces (I'd go to pieces without him) & he gave me some sugar-free candy (you don't have to have sugar to be sweet).
No comments:
Post a Comment