Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fall Happiness

Fall weather makes me happy.  I love that the weather has turned cooler--although it did snow in the mountains the other morning.  
I love the cooler days (I just hope we don't get snow this early).  I would be so happy if we could have 4, or 6, or even 8 weeks of "Fall" weather:  cool nights (40's or 50's) & nice cool/comfortable days (60's or at the most, low 70's).  
 Seeing Ben be so cute makes me happy.  Ben wearing the basketball hoop toy--He said he could wear this for Halloween.
 When my kids get along & are being silly makes me happy.  Emmalee is a basketball hoop!
 This makes me EXTREMELY happy!!  A fixed washer!  I tested it out Friday night to make sure it works--and it does!
 Baking on a cool Autumn morning makes me happy.  I made chocolate chip muffins (Ben requested these) but I just used a "new" recipe & they were quite dry.  Next time I will add apple sauce to make them moist.  The other kind is a pear muffin.  I used my coconut sugar so I could eat them.  And I used twice the amount of pears that the recipe called for.  They were super delicious & moist!  
Rusty made 3 different kinds of jerky & they finished drying on Friday.  They were all yummy--I think the favorite was the hot & spice, then the onion mixture & then the teriyaki.  The teriyaki one just needed more flavoring, otherwise that would have been better.

Today I am going to go on a date with Rusty--which always includes shopping (not my favorite thing to do on a date, but what you have to do when you live an hour away from town).  But we are going to eat Chinese (another thing that makes me happy!)

Ethan also is on a date today.  He is officially in a "relationship" with a girl he met at BYU-I before his mission.  Her name is Tiffany & she if from Florida.  She was in his Family Home Evening group a couple of years ago. I have learned that she did write to him pretty consistently while he was on his mission.  And when he came back, they started talking to each other (mostly chatting on facebook) for hours, and hours, and hours ;)  

Ben listening the first time also makes me happy.

And this week, Ben went to school 1 day without me at all!!!  That really made me happy.

1 comment:

jannalee said...

I love this blog entry! Happy, happy, happy!!!