Zane's birthday was next. This is actually a picture we took of the count-down chain for when Ethan comes home. We made it on a Family Home Evening night when there was 62 days left (I think). Brienna & the 2 younger kids actually put it together. (Emmalee's taking off a chain).
Zane's 15th birthday.
opening up presents.
Emmalee liked this present! (candy-bar poster from Brienna)
Ben being "Santa Claus" with all of the wrapping paper garbage.
Zane huffing & puffing to blow his "15" candles out. We actually put them in play dough because he didn't want to put the candles in his dessert.
I guess we didn't take a picture of his dessert--Just a store=bought pecan pie.
Brienna celebrated her birthday up at girls camp (at Darby between Driggs & Victor). Since I was there, I helped decorate our camp for her birthday.
Amy Mickelsen made sure she had her birthday crown on & all the girls were wearing "Happy Birthday" necklaces.
Waiting for morning devotional.
Our group of girls singing Happy Birthday to Brienna.
A picture with the "host" missionary couple & the few of us that was left when we were checking out of camp.
Friday (Brienna's birthday), when we arrived home, no one was there because Zane & Callum were at the BSA Encampment near Shelley. Rusty came home and packed up to join the boys at encampment. So we celebrated Brienna's birthday on Saturday. (Zane was so tired that he slept most of Saturday--and he doesn't even remember anything from her b-day. Not dinner, presents, singing, or dessert).
Brienna's iPod dock (charging/speakers)
iTunes card & earrings.
Her cake--made by her on Friday, and a slice eaten by her before we had a chance to sing to her ;)
Can't believe she is 17 now--and a Senior in High School!
I had planned on making Ethan a birthday card & sending it to him either when we got home from Girl's Camp or Saturday. But between laundry, unpacking all of Girls camp stuff & putting it all away, getting ready for church, and then packing for Lander (and doing even more laundry when the boys came home), I didn't get it done. When we got to Lander on Monday, I remembered that I had forgotten to send a b-day card to Ethan. So we quickly ran up to the store on Tuesday & found some funny ones. (not a b-day picture, but a more recent one).
Thankfully, Ethan said he received all the cards before or on his birthday. And the members that fed him also made him a chocolate cake for his birthday.
There you have 4 birthdays in 5 weeks!


No comments:
Post a Comment