Monday, May 13, 2013

Activity Day--Mother's Day projects

 We haven't had an active Activity Day leader for almost a year so I decided I had better do a couple of activities with the girls.  A couple of weeks ago we met and had a "getting-to-know-you" activity and decorated cupcakes to give away.
 So Friday morning we had a Mother's Day activity--we had 7 girls there.  We started with making lip gloss.
 We had to put the lip gloss in the fridge to cool & harden so then we turned to making paper flowers &
 flower magnets.
 Here are a few of the flowers that they did.
 After the flowers, we made a hand cream.  The girls got to decorate 2 small containers to put their hand cream into.
 We also had popcorn & punch while were we working on the different project.
 The girls all had a lot of fun.  Each girl had at least 2 containers of lip gloss & 2 of the hand cream. 
 I was just grateful that Brienna was there to help me.  I probably could have done it on my own if we had only done either the lip gloss OR the hand cream--but doing both would have been a challenge by myself.
 Here is a picture of some of the "extra" lip gloss & hand creams.  We made a strawberry/watermelon gloss and also a rootbeer one.  The hand creme is a combination of a few lotions, vaseline & vit. E cream.
I just hope I get a leader soon--I'm not sure when the next time I can meet with the girls.  It seems like this month is packed full!

Friday afternoon I did some laundry, took the kids to the store, baked cookies for the bake sale, and cleaned a bit.  Rusty was at the school for so long that we ended up having toast & burritos for dinner.

No comments: