Monday, April 29, 2013

1st Pig Weigh-In

Today was the first pig weigh-in.
 We were a bit concerned that the pigs weren't growing enough and would not be where they need to be (around 60-80 pounds) to be on track for fair time.
 We've never started with pigs so small.  But the last couple of weeks the pigs have started eating a lot better.  They are small enough that we are able to transport them in a crate.
 Zane's pig weighed in at 63 pounds--more then I thought. I guessed 50 pounds each so I was happy.
 And Brienna's pig was 57 pounds--so they averaged 60!
 In honor of the pig weigh in day, I made pigs in a blanket.  Even though we had these growing up, I have never made them for my family.  One pan is plain & the other one I added cheese to them.
They looked so yummy!  And surprisingly, everyone loved them.  Rusty said they could only get better if I made some with polish sausage dogs too.

2 comments:

jannalee said...

I like pigs in a blanket! Yum!

Jenny Lynn said...

I haven't had a pig in a blanket for years. That sounds good for dinner. Glad the pigs are doing well.