Sunday, March 18, 2012

Flood March 17, 2012--Part 2

More flood pictures
 Our back yard--up to the porch.
 Grandpa's back yard & green house.
 After a while, we couldn't walk between the yards without getting wet up to mid-shin.  I decided to go around through the alley to Grandpa's house.
 Shortly after they got the ice flowing.
 Brienna pointing to a huge chunk of ice by our house.  I hope you can see the many layers of ice (melting, freezing)
 Behind our sheds/workshop--before we sandbagged.
 Sand bagging at our friend's house (Fitzwater's).  This is her back yard.
 Standing on the road in front of Grandpa's house--they just broke a huge ice jam free & the water (& ice) came rushing down.
 The water at the bridge by Grandpa's house.
 A back hoe trying to clear some ice by the 5th Street bridge (behind the football field)
 Back hoes working off the 5th St. bridge--the bridge is now condemned.  Hopefully when they build the new one, they will build it much higher!
Our "dry" yard (river-bed).
It's so nice to see dry land  (ha, ha).  This was around 2 pm. 

I have a ton more pictures (& videos) but they will have to wait until later.  I am exhausted & need to get to bed.  I did take time out to take a nice, hot bubble bath--it warmed me up (finally).

No comments: