Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Decorations

Every year (since Ethan was very young--3 or 4), we have made a Thankful turkey.
For Family Home Evening, we list things we are thankful for and write them on the feathers.
This year the kids didn't want to stop listing things they were thankful for--but we ran out of feathers (and I didn't cut any more).
 We found this artwork made by Brienna--in first grade! (that was 9 years ago)
 This was the turkey Zane made in kindergarten (8 years ago)
And Callum's from kindergarten (5 years ago).
 Our Thanksgiving decorations
 We made this egg heads only 2 times--and that was before Emmalee and Ben were born.  I guess we need to make them again sometime. (Ethan is joining us--at least in spirit & pictures)

And this is the plaque I won at the 4-H & National Honor Society Veteran's Day dinner.  Rusty really likes it--because he truly believes that you need to "Be Who You Are"!

2 comments:

Arya said...

Love your thanksgiving decor...I love the thankful turkey...I just might have to do that for my own family...

Anonymous said...

loved the turkey - loveya sis