Of course, a storm came just in time for us to travel in snow!
Here is Togwotee Pass above Dubois, Wyoming.
The snow was plowed high!
(Disclaimer: I did NOT take these pictures. Ethan took them for me)
We made it to Pamela's in Thayne, WY & we watched "Sorcerer's Apprentice". Then Friday morning (New Year's Eve day), we headed home (via Idaho Falls). We were in Swan Valley, ID when a truck pulling snow mobiles passed us & flipped a rock up. It hit the side window & instantly shattered the window. Benjamin was sitting by that window and thankfully he wasn't hurt at all. Some of the window must have fallen onto the highway, because although there was a lot of glass on Ben's lap, seat, & floor by him, I don't think it was the whole window.
I was so shook-up, that my hands were shaking for about 5 minutes. Rusty was in front of me, so he was a couple of miles ahead of me by the time Ethan got him called (I immediately pulled over when I heard the window shatter--and Brienna said the glass was all over Benjamin). Pamela was behind me, so she pulled over too.
We got the big pieces of glass out of the van, moved the car seats (Ben's & Emmalee's) into Pamela's Jeep & then used the windshield cover as a tarp to cover the window. Thankfully I carry a full roll of duct tape in the van so Rusty was able to cover the window securely.
I drove to the Ririe turn off, where Ethan took over so he could drive the van home. Pamela, Ben, Emmalee & myself headed into Idaho Falls to get some groceries while Rusty, Zane & Callum went to Dubois in the truck, & Ethan & Brienna drove the van home.
I was too concerned about getting all the glass off of Benjamin, that I didn't think of taking a picture of the window until I was ready to get in the van to leave.
Monday I help Ethan get moved in to his apartment in Rexburg. He starts classes Wednesday, and we have a Primary "birthday" party Wednesday after school. We have a fun birthday present for the kids, but we want all of them to have it for the whole year. So we will give it to them on Wednesday. I will post more about that later, but it's a surprise for now.
Maybe I'll try to get an appointment to fix the window on Friday.
Happy New Year!!!
2 comments:
Scary....so glad you could cover it up. The weather certainly has been awful for the last week. My children began to wonder if it would ever stop snowing here. Now it is just to cold to go out, but it is not snowing.
Glad your all safe and sound.
Happy New Year!
Wow! I don't blame you for being shook up! I'm sooo glad that Benjamin (and all of you) is okay and didn't get cut or hurt! Happy New Year! I love and miss you tons!
Post a Comment