Thursday, December 23, 2010

Long Day

Today was a very long day!


I got up at 5 am (yes--that is really early for me. For Rusty--not early.  But I didn't get to bed until after midnight so 5 was really early!).  The reason I got up so early was so that Rusty & I could attend the temple.




We decided we had better get to an early session, so we would have most of the day to finish shopping.  Let me clarify:  I really was done with my shopping a couple of weeks ago, but Rusty's dad gave us $ to buy gifts for us the children.  And he had a few ideas for them, but wasn't certain what color/size/etc. was needed, so gave us the money to get the things.  And there were a few things I needed to buy to get Ethan ready for college (he moves into his apartment in Rexburg on Jan. 3rd).


And...Tuesday when my visiting teachers came, Emmalee told them that she had asked Santa for a unicorn.  But I helped her spell all the words in her letter to Santa, and I never once spelled "unicorn"!  So I asked a few questions & discovered that she likes the unicorn that the little girl in "Despicable Me" has & the unicorn from Toy Story 3.  So we looked for a  unicorn today.


The morning went smoothly & was a great morning--we had a great time in the temple, did some sealings after the session, & then started our shopping time.  


I guess I made the  mistake for calling home around 10:30 am to check on the kids & make sure they were starting on the chores.  The phone call made them aware that I was available to call.  And call they did--Zane & Ethan could not get along at all!!!  I had 40 minutes worth of phone calls from home while I was trying to shop!


(side note:  the house has sort of "fallen apart" the last week because of the many, many activities happening.  Here's the list:  12 dozen gifts to wrap, 11 dozen goodies made for parties, 10 loads of laundry left UNwashed, 9 basketball games watched, 8 songs played by ONE student at piano recital, 7 people in our van, 6 mini loaves of bread baked, 5 photo books finished, 4 hours at church {on Thursday} working on 2011 Primary projects, 3 Christmas school parties, 2 days in town, and 1 tired momma ready to have a vacation!!)


Needless to say, the phone calls soured my "good-feeling" mood, and I got a bit grouchy (plus I was tired & hungry--we didn't get to lunch until 3!).  We finally finished, gassed up at 5 & got home at 6--just in time to put away the fridge food & get ready for Ethan's patriarchal blessing.  (for more info about patriarchal blessings, click here)  It was an awesome experience for us & Ethan.  It's hard to put into words.  It doesn't seem like too long ago when I received my blessing!


So as Rusty put it:  our day started & ended good.  It was a very tiring but spiritual long day for us.  


After the blessing, we had scripture reading, & then Rusty took some presents out to his workshop to wrap & I took some into the girls room to wrap.  


And now I am done for the night, but wanted to record my day on my blog.


I hope to get some pictures posted soon from our events the past week!


Merry Christmas!

No comments: