Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kids Entertainment

The kids are usually pretty good at entertaining themselves.

Brienna is really good at helping to entertain the younger kids ☺ (thanks)
Here she is the horsey to the 2 cow-kids on her back
So the other day, I asked Zane to put the paint away that he had left out on the cupboard for about 3 weeks.

But he decided he wanted to paint some of his cars.

So of course, the other kids wanted to paint too.  So I dug out some of my wood scraps/projects & let them paint.
Meanwhile, Brienna decided she wanted to make "Muddy-Buddies" (Chex cereals, peanut butter, chocolate & powdered sugar)
After everyone was settled into their projects, Rusty & I decided to  steal-away to our land for some peace & quiet (really, we hadn't seen each other more than a few minutes in passing--and dinner time--all week).
So we left the kids to their projects, instructing Brienna & Ethan to watch the 2 youngest.
Brienna took pictures for me--Emmalee is painting a little wooden heart stool I found at DI.  She started out with pink, but changed to green (Sherrie--you would love it!)
Callum is painting a bigger stool (that I found at DI), but it isn't put together yet.  He picked blue, since it is my favorite color, & one of his favorites too.  (Because I told all the kids that both stools were to share--not just for Emmalee & Callum)
So I came home & everyone seemed happy.
Benjamin doesn't usually stay still long enough to sit on anyone's lap.
But he is starting to become a "ham" whenever I get my camera out now.

So you would think that we had a nice, relaxing evening following the projects???

NOT!!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for taking the time to share with us. I love you sis!!! loveya