Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Benjamin's Black Eye

So Saturday I was doing laundry & heard Benjamin cry for 10 seconds or less.  I just assumed he wanted something & that Ethan or Brienna got it for him.

So about 5 minutes later, I went into the living room & saw Benjamin's eye--there was blood dripping down his check.  So I got a wet wash cloth & put it on his eye for about 5 minutes. 




He has a bruise on his cheek--luckily, it was his naptime, so I was able to nurse him & put the wash cloth on his eye.

He kept trying to wipe at his eye, so I was glad he slept for a while & let the cut scab over.

Oh--and this is what Ethan was doing when Ben hit his eye--and Brienna was on the computer ☺

But in their defense--there really wasn't anything they could have done to prevent it.  Benjamin was just running, tripped & hit his eye on the glider rocker.

2 comments:

jannalee said...

Poor Benjamin! His first black eye!

Anonymous said...

poor benjamin, tell ethan and brienna that they need to take better care of their baby brother!!! LOL - Love, Laurie