Thursday, January 14, 2010

Aunt Pamela's house....

After we packed & squished everything into the van,  we left around 1 pm from Lander, WY--heading to Thayne, WY  (Star Valley).

As soon as we tried to get up to the 65 MPH speed limit, I realized immediately that the van wasn't shifting.

So we had to pull over to add more transmission fluid.  Of course I didn't have a funnel, so we had to try to use a paper cup for a funnel. 

Luckily I didn't have too much "stuff" packed on top of the tote that had the transmission fluid.



We saw this beautiful (almost "fake") cloud on the trip.


Around Crowheart Butte, Callum told me he felt like throwing up.  I pulled over to find the red "barf" bucket.  (I bought this bucket for 50 cents from DI one day when Emmalee wasn't feeling good.  I decided I didn't want to clean up when someone missed the grocery sack or it leaked).

I told Callum to make sure & tell me when he knew for sure he was going to throw up, so I could pull over & he could throw up outside.


About 2 miles later, I heard the unmistakeable sound of Callum throwing up--A LOT!!!

Luckily he made it into the bucket so I stopped & had him "clean up" while I emptied the barf bucket & wash it out.



This was stop # 2 (or 3--I'm not sure).  I don't know if it was the "car whoosies" or too much celebrating with all of the people from coast to coast.  But Callum couldn't keep anything down.


This is waht the roads looked like when Callum threw up for the 4th time. 
I was finally able to pull over about 10 miles later (at Togwotee Pass Lodge)

Brienna took these pictures from Pamela's jeep.  They were behind us (you can see the van in front).  We (I had Ethan, Callum, Benjamin & Emmalee) were only going about 40 tops most of the way. 

I was a bit stressed on this trip--for a few reasons:  I had a head ache still; I usually don't drive with bad roads (Rusty or Pamela do); Callum was sick; Emmalee was not behaving the greatest & kept asking "Mom" for everything; & it was storming!!!  I experienced "white blindness".

Needless to say, we finally made it to Pamela's house around 7 pm.

Aunt Pamela played Candy Land (Emmalee got this for Christmas) with the kids.

Benjamin had fun in the laundry basket.

He made himself right at home--on Aunt Pamela's bed ☺

Good thing we didn't stay too long, because he was getting into EVERYTHING!!!

This is what I woke up to--Benjamin & Callum snuggling in the bed I was in.  I was only supposed to share it with Ben, but Emmalee & Callum joined us.

We kept checking the radar & all of the web-camera for the trip to Idaho & the roads looked terrible.

But...(not to spoil the ending)...we DID make it home ☺ 

3 comments:

jannalee said...

Wow, I'm sorry you had such a "barfy, bad weathery, headachy, kids misbehavingy" trip home! Thank goodness for a red barf bucket and Pamela's place!

Anonymous said...

I love that you do this and share with us!!! THANKS!!!! Love, Laurie

Jenny said...

You sure did have an adventurer. So glad you made it home. I really don't like driving in the snow here in Utah. I know I would not travel in it. SO I have to say that I admire you for braving it through white blindness. I have experienced once, hope to never again.