Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hunting...


Rusty took the boys hunting this past weekend. He finally drew out on the antelope hunt (hadn't since he was a teenager), & really wanted to go out on opening day. But he ended up having inservice/training that day. So he went last Saturday--didn't get anything.
I love Callum's 'coon hat!

And then they went Friday, October 2nd. And found this nice buck.

The boys like to go with dad--Zane will turn 12 next summer & can't wait to hunt himself!

I have never liked the wild taste of antelope, but this buck didn't run, & when Rusty cut the meat last night, it didn't stink too bad. So Rusty is going to try some of it as steak, & then make a lot of jerky & salami.


2 comments:

jannalee said...

That's a nice buck, and they all look like they had a good time! I'm with you-I don't like the taste of antelope, but I think it's good as jerky and salami.

Jenny said...

that is a nice looking buck. It has been a while since my hubby has been able to go hunting.